Engage in this critical debate with Countering Violent Extremist professionals from across government, military, law enforcement and NGOs
Defence IQ is delighted to announce the return of Countering Violent Extremism 2017. Into its 16th year, the symposium will once again bring together communication professionals and government agencies from around the world to discuss the successes, challenges and failures, and novel methods for communicating against the lure of extremism.
Don't miss the opportunity to take part in this unique interactive event, which brings together CVE stakeholders from across the military, government, law enforcement and NGOs, who play an integral role in tackling the challenges that we all face in the fight against this persistent threat. This event will give you the chance to asses potential solutions and understand how you can effectively implement them into your CVE strategy.
This year’s event will focus around key challenges that the CVE community is facing globally, which will structure the discussion and take-aways from the event. These are:
- Credible voices; how to empower and deploy
- Measurement of CVE; magic tricks or genuine measurement
- Former Fighters; when, why and how to deploy
- Migration; risk identification and management
- Preventing Violent Extremism or Countering Violent Extremism; how to invest your efforts
- Future Casting; what are the challenges we’re about to face
- Taking the fight to the enemy; operating on encrypted channels
- Hacking; integral to effective CVE?
2017 Speakers Include:
Joint Information Operations Warfare Center
10th Special Forces Group(A)
Active Change Foundation
Section Chief, Office of Partner Engagement
Office of Countering Violent Extremism
International Centre for Counter-Terrorism - The Hague
Head of Unit - Action Against Terrorism Unit
Organisation for Security and Co-Operation in Europe
Head of Delivery - Prevent Strategy | National CT Policing
Director Countering Extremism Unit
Jordanian Ministry of Culture